WELCOME!

Welcome to the CAN Fund Athlete Blog!
This is where Canadian Athletes will be posting as they train and prepare to represent Canada on the World Stage! Keep up to date on when and where our athletes are training and competing!

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

SARAH BOUDENS- Canoe/Kayak - Slalom


I’m the first Canadian athlete to get onto the new 2012 London Olympic course….and it’s AMAZING!!!  I was helping out with the 2011 British Team Selection event and was doing the demonstration and foreruns for the races which took place over three days. 
Leading into the competition I had 8 sessions on the water over the week.  I was absolutely exhausted by the time the race came around but I just couldn’t force myself to get off the water, it was so much fun!  The conveyor belt which takes you from the bottom to the top of the course allows you to fit in many more runs which can be a blessing but was definitely adding to my exhaustion!


It’s an absolutely amazing facility and I think it’s my new favourite.  My hopes are to make it to my 2nd Olympic Games so I can race on this course when it counts.  T-minus 450 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment